Fresh Flower Tips
There’s nothing quite like an arrangement of beautiful, fragrant flowers to brighten up any room of your home. Whether you’ve purchased a bouquet of flowers from Flowers by Dorothy as a treat to yourself or have received some through delivery, we’ve got some great tips for you to help you keeping them fresh and pretty for as long as possible!
- Ensure you place your fresh flowers in an extremely clean container. Glass is best. It’s time to put your favourite glass vase to work!
- Fill your vase with water, about two thirds full. Ensure the water is not too cold; in fact lukewarm water is ideal.
- Remove any leaves that may have become submerged in the water.
- Ensure that you change the water daily, taking care to remove any leaves or debris that may have fallen in to water.
- You will need to trim the stems if you want to keep your flowers fresh for as long as you can. Take 1 to 2 inches off the stems, cutting at an angle with a knife.
- Trimming the stems under water will reduce the risk of your flowers drying out.
- Display your flowers in a suitable environment. Keep them away from direct sunlight and other heat factors such as open fires, radiators, etc. Make a home for them in a cooler part of your house.
- Similarly, keep your flowers away from draughty spaces.
The above will contribute to you getting real longevity from your flowers, allowing them, to decorate your house for as long a time as possible!
If you have a particular query about the care of the flowers purchased from Flowers by Dorothy, feel free to call us on